RaSguLLa (made in Pressure Cooker) :Prep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Sangeeta Shah13 recipes>
Rasgulla is a traditional Bengali sweet. Rasgulla also known as Roshogolla, is regarded as the 'king of all Indian sweets 'It's time consuming,so i made it in Pressure Cooker,to save time.
- Milk - 1 liter (cow's milk)
- Plain Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 5 cups
- Ritha water - 1/4 cup
- Ice cubes - 1 bowl
- Saffron - few strands
- For Paneer :
- In a deep pot,add the milk and bring to boil.
- Once milk starts boiling,add yogurt,little by little and mix well.
- Once milk starts to coagulate,put off the flame and Strain the coagulated milk in any muslin cloth.
- Spread cloth over sieve and place a utensil beneath the sieve.
- Pour coagulated milk on top of the cloth. All water will drain out in utensil kept beneath the sieve and paneer will be left on the top.
- Pour 1-2 cup cold water on paneer,so that it becomes cool.
- Cover paneer, from all sides and squeeze rest of water. Soft paneer or Chena is ready.
- Take out paneer in any plate and with help of your hands mash and knead to make it soft and tender.
- Divide the paneer in 10-12 parts. Take one part and bind it with hands giving it a shape of ball,like wise prepare all balls.
- For Rasgulla:
- Add sugar and water and ritha water, in pressure cooker and let it boil.
- When it starts boiling place the entire prepared balls in cooker one by one.
- Cover it with lid and let it simmer once.
- After it simmers once reduce the flame and cook for 7-8 minutes more.
- Cool the cooker and open the lid and add ice cubes and again cover the cooker with lid for 5 more minutes.
- Take out rasgullas along with sugar syrup in a bowl and make them cool down,store in refrigerator.
- Garnish with saffron and serve chilled rasgullas....yummmmmmmmm :)
Leave a review or comment