QUINOA & BRUSSELS SPROUT SALADServings: 2by Chez la mere373 recipes>
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa (I used regular and red quinoa)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds but any nut you like is great)
- salt + pepper
- Rinse and cut the brussels sprouts in half. Coat them with 3 tablespoons olive oil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized pot combine the quinoa, water and vegetable stock. You can use all water if you don't have vegetable stock on hand. It just adds flavor. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until all the liquid has absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- For the dressing combine the lemon juice (about 1/4 cup from one large lemon), 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Once the brussels and quinoa are ready combine in a large bowl, add the almonds and pour over the dressing. Toss so everything gets coated well. Season with a little salt + pepper.
- serve pipping hot, but it could easily be served cold as well. Either way
Leave a review or comment