Pumpkin Squares with Caramel Icing
I make this every year from September till the end of December. I always have people asking "When are you going to be making the Pumpkin squares again?"
- pumpkin squares:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can (2 cups) pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pumpkin squares:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs then pumpkin, blend well.
- Mix in vanilla then flour mixture. Mix well.
- Spread in a 9x13 or (2) 8 x 8 -inch pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In medium saucepan combine butter, brown sugar bring to a bubbly boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Add milk return to boil.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
- Frost; cut into bars.
- Yield:24 bars.
Leave a review or comment