Carved Pumpkin Cheesecake With Caramelized Pecans
- 1 x pumpkin, (4 1/2 to 5 lb.)
- 6 pkt cream cheese, (8 oz) softened
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract Grnd cinnamon, to taste Grnd nutmeg, to taste
- 10 x Large eggs, beaten
- 15 x egg yolks, beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 8 ounce pecan halves
- Carve out the pumpkin and remove the pumpkin meat. Throw away the seeds and strings and coarsely chop the pumpkin meat. In a large pot, cook the pumpkin for 20 to 25 min or possibly till tender and reduced. Mash the cooked pumpkin and weigh out 2 pounds.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed pumpkin, cream cheese, and sugar with hands. Slowly stir in the remaining ingredients, except the pecans, till the mix is smooth. Whip the mix with a whisk for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Pour the mix into the pumpkin shell and place the pumpkin on a heavy baking sheet. Bake for 2 hrs, or possibly till the center of the cheesecake is set. Let cold on a heavy wire rack. Refrigerateovernight. Serve chilled or possibly at room temperature with the Caramelized Pecans.
- YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
- Caramelized Pecans:Rub the oil on a small serving plate. In a saute/fry pan, heat the sugar with the pecans on low heat, stirring constantly, till the sugar melts and is lightly browned. Pour the mix on the prepared plate and let cold.
Leave a review or comment