Pumpkin Apple Crumb CakePrep: 25 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 10by Geni17 recipes>
This pumpkin cake is soft, spicy and topped with sliced apples and crumbs. But even better, it's low-fat and low-calorie so there's no guilt.
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/4 c. all purpose flour (you can use 3/4 ap flour and 1/2 wheat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of low-fat milk
- two apples, sliced skin on
- For the topping: In a small bowl combine butter, flour and sugar with your hands,crumbling the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- For the cake: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 or 10 inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the granulated sugar through the eggs. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour through salt. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber scraper (no more whisking once wet ingredients have met dry ingredients).
- Add the yogurt and buttermilk and stir until just moistened. Don't over mix. It toughens your cake.
- Slice up your apples into thin wedges about 1/8 ' thick (a little thicker than paper thin)
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and top with the apples in a spiral pattern like wheel spokes. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
Leave a review or comment