pull apart cheesy garlic knotsPrep: 2 hours Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by Laurette Champagne-koerber3 recipes>
This is the first time I made it so I forgot to put cheese in the middle!! and dumped it all on top!! It was still really good and we wished we would of made two since it was the main dish on my first try, I think It will go great with my spaghetti next time! It was my first time making bread from scratch too! well since I was a kid anyways. Fun and smelled great while cooking. Inspired me to bake my own bread for sandwiches instead of buying in the store. Yaay for baking!
- YEAST - 2 TSP ACTIVE DRY, OR 25G FRESH
- SUGAR - 1/2 TSP
- WATER - 1 1/3 CUPS, LUKEWARM
- ALL PURPOSE FLOUR - 3 1/2 CUPS
- SALT - 2 TSP
- OLIVE OIL - 2 TSP
- BUTTER - 1/4 CUP
- MOZZARELLA - 1/2 CUP, SHREDDED
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the water, and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and the salt, then stir in the yeast mixture and olive oil and combine well.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead for about 6-8 mins, until smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball, and return it to the large bowl, drizzle a little olive oil over it, roll it around to coat well, then cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about an hour. Mix the melted butter, parsley and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Punch the dough down and separate into small, golf ball sized balls - you should end up with about 20 balls.
- Roll each ball into a rope and tie into a knot.
- Dip each knot into the melted butter mixture and place half of them on the bottom of a spring form pan, not quite touching. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over them, then stack the remaining knots on top and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese. Cover the pan with a towel and allow to rise again, this time about 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 F (175C) and bake for about 35 - 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Leave a review or comment