Portuguese Chuck Roast
A perfect twist to a typical pot roast.
- 1 chuck roast, 4-5 pound (bone in or boned)
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 chorico (Gaspars)
- 1 can tomato soup or whole tomatoes, your choice
- Potatoes, quartered
- Carrots, cut in 1 1/2 inch pcs
- Potatoes and carrots may be added if you like (very good this way)
- Brown chuck roast in roasting pan on both sides.
- Add in water, vinegar, and other ingredients.
- Place chorico on top of roast.
- Pour tomato soup over all, mixing liquids with spoon.
- Place roast at 350 degrees with cover on and bake 2 to 2 1/2 hrs.
Leave a review or comment