Portobello Mushroom BurgersPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Portobello Mushroom Burgers is an easy and quick (20) minute grilling recipe. This is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, vegetarian and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 2 sandwiches.
- 2 tbsp "butter with olive oil & sea salt"
- 3/4 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 medium size portabello mushrooms (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 2 onion slices
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomato slices
- Preheat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine the butter, basil, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl. Brush butter mixture over mushrooms, onion and the cut-sides of buns.
- Place mushrooms and onions onto the grill. Grill, turning once and brushing with remaining butter mixture, until mushrooms are tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- Place buns on grill, cut-side down. Grill until toasted (1 to 2 minutes).
- To serve, place lettuce on grilled bun; add grilled mushroom, tomato and onion slice.
Leave a review or comment