Pork and Hominy ChiliPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 8 oz boneless pork chops, trimmed & cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 15.5 oz can golden hominy, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, medium high. Add pork and saute 5 min till lightly browned.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan. Saute till tender.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, red pepper, hominy, tomatoes, and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Server with a dollop of sour cream.
Leave a review or comment