Polenta with Home Style Marinara SaucePrep: 20 min Cook: 1 1/4 hours Servings: 8by Kyle Dalakas101 recipes>
Polenta with Home Style Marinara Sauce is a delicious, meatless, traditional Italian dish. Try this for dinner tonight!
- For the Sauce:
- 2-28 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Large Sweet Onion
- 6 to 8 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- For the Polenta:
- 1 3/4 Cups Coarsely Ground Yellow Cornmeal
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare the sauce first:
- Peel the onion and the garlic cloves; mince both finely.
- Place the olive oil in a large stock pot and heat over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic and onion. Brown lightly, about 5 to 6 minutes stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to low and add tomatoes, wine, oregano, pepper and cane sugar. Cover and let simmer for about 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now prepare the polenta:
- Place the water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Whisk in the cornmeal slowly in a very thin stream. If you add it too fast, it will lump. Add the butter.
- Lower the heat to low and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture is very thick, about 15 to 20 minutes or until it pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Pour polenta into a serving platter and top with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Serves 6 to 8
Leave a review or comment