Pineapple Rice with Green SoybeansPrep: 10 min Cook: 18 min Servings: 6by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
This colorful rice side or vegetarian entrée is a healthy and novel departure from same-old, same-old steamed rice! I liked it even more next day. Easily adapts to vegetarian.
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice, or long grain rice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 cup frozen shelled soybeans (green or sweet, edamame)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, rice, pineapple juice and salt. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen soybeans and green onions. Cook about 3 minutes more until rice is tender.
- Fold in pineapple and serve.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Leave a review or comment