Pillows ( Pasta)Prep: 45 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 6by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
My wife called this creation Pillows. They are a square type of pasta, very tasty and chewy. Can be used in soups, sauces, etc. Try adding 1 T.Parmesan or Romano cheese in the dough
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T.milk or water
- 1/2 tsp.oil ( optional)
- 1. Using a stand mixer. In bowl, add eggs, flour and milk. Mix well. Add additional water if too dry
- 2. Using dough hook,knead for about 3-4 or so minutes until dough is firm.. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 3. On floured board, knead dough until firm and elastic.
- 4. Cut dough in half. On well floured board, roll out dough with rolling pin to about 1/16th to 1/8th thickness. Your choice.
- 5. Cut into about 1 inch squares using knife or cutting device. Let set on board until ready to use.
- 6. Bring pot of water to boiling, drop in pillows. They should come to top of water in 3-4 minutes. Let cook for an additional 3 minutes,. al dente, then drain.
- 7. Serve in soups, spaghetti sauce or Alfredo sauce.
- Optional.Add 1 T. Romano or Parmesan cheese when making the dough
Leave a review or comment