Luncheon Pasta SaladPrep: 30 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 6by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
A refreshing light pasta salad for a main dish luncheon or summer potluck. I like small or medium shell pasta, but elbow, ditalini or bow tie pastas are good choices too.
- 8 ounces small or medium shell pasta (or other small pasta, elbow mac, etc)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes cut in wedges, or 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese slices cut in 1/2" strips
- Romaine or other lettuce leaves (optional)
- Cook pasta as per package directions to al dente stage. Rinse with cool water in colander and drain well.
- Cook peas in small amount of water until just tender; strain off water then rinse with cool water to stop the cooking, then drain again thoroughly.
- Place pasta and peas in large bowl. Add celery, onions, and olives.
- In small bowl blend together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, dill weed, salt, and pepper. Add dressing to pasta and toss lightly and thoroughly to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. (A little red pepper flakes or dash of Tabasco is good here.)
- Garnish or serve with tomatoes, cheese slices and/or lettuce.
Leave a review or comment