PESTO CAPRESE VEAL CUTLETS
- 1/2kg veal scallops, cut 1/4 to 1/8 inch think (about 60g each)
- 800g grape tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 120g flour
- 160g seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 180g fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons toasted Pignoli (pine nuts) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºc. Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness
- Combine tomatoes and pesto in small bowl, tossing to mix well; set aside.
- Place flour in shallow dish. Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper, as desired, in second shallow dish until blended. Place bread crumbs in third shallow dish. Dip each cutlet into flour, then into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place half of cutlets in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and veal is cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; place on baking sheet. Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cutlets.
- Place 1 slices cheese on each cutlet. Bake in 180ºc oven until cheese is melted. Transfer cutlets to plate and evenly top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with Pine nuts, if desired.
Leave a review or comment