PEPPERED TUNA SKEWERS WITH WASABI-MAYO SAUCEPrep: 40 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 28by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
If you love seared tuna and wasabi, this is an easy and beautiful passed appetizer to make, Easy to eat and guaranteed to be a big hit. If all of your guests like spicy food, add a little chili oil to soy sauce to make it more like a spicy tuna role. Or try half with and half without to satisfy both palates!
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder (asian section) or wasabi in squeeze tube
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound fresh tuna steaks, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 28 large slices pickled ginger (asian section)
- 28 8-inch wooden skewers
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chili oil (optional)
- Mix 2 tablespoons wasabi powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in small serving bowl to blend or squeeze in 2.5 tablespoons of wasabi from tube. Whisk in 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Cover wasabi mayonnaise and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead if kept refrigerated.)
- Combine tuna and soy sauce in bowl; toss to coat. Add chili oil if desired. Marinate tuna 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally, or 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, thread 1 ginger slice onto each skewer 2 inches from tip.
- Line platter with watercress. Place bowl of wasabi mayonnaise on platter.
- Drain tuna; pat dry. Return to medium bowl. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna and sear until browned on all sides but still pink inside, about 2 minutes total. Thread 1 tuna cube onto each prepared skewer next to ginger. Arrange skewers on platter and serve.
Leave a review or comment