PECAN butter Maple Syrup mini tartsServings: 24by Foodessa345 recipes>
PECAN butter Maple Syrup mini tarts. This recipe was featured in the 'Pure Maple syrup desserts' …refer to: https://www.foodessa.com/2019/04/pure-maple-syrup-desserts.html
- . > Pastry Dough:
- . 1 cup All Purpose flour (plus for dusting work surface)
- . 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- . 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- . 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- . 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- . 1 oz. cold cream cheese, cubed
- . >> FILLING:
- . 2 Tbsps. unsalted butter, softened
- . 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- . 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- . 1 xLarge egg
- . pinch of sea salt
- . 1 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
- . 1 Tbsp. orange peel zest (optional)
- . garnish: 24 raw pecan halves (1 per mini or 2 per medium tart)
- . > PASTRY DOUGH: In a food processor, on LOW speed, whirl together the flour, sugar(s) and salt. Add the butter and cream cheese. Immediately, start the PULSE action about 5 times before whirling on MEDIUM speed just until dough is combined and detaching from the sides. Do not over mix. Form dough into a log and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate until firm for at least 1 hour or up to 1 week.
- . Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Use a non-greased muffin (12 or 24 mini) pan.
- . >> FILLING: Cream together the butter and sugar on MEDIUM speed. Add the Maple syrup, egg, salt and Vanilla, (optional orange zest).
- . >>> ASSEMBLY: DIVIDE the dough into units (12 / 24) desired. Roll the dough pieces into balls and flatten them slightly before placing them into each muffin cavity. Gently press into the bottom and sides of each cavity to form tart shells. Evenly pour the filling into each cavity. Garnish with one pecan per mini tart or two for the medium tarts.
- . BAKE for about 30 minutes for the mini tarts and 40 minutes for the medium tarts.
- . Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before gently nudging them out of their cavities. Serve at room temperature. Store in open air for a few days or freeze for up to a month. Lightly warm before serving.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com
Leave a review or comment