Pato Tim (Stewed Whole Duck)Prep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
A duck recipe that Filipinos love.
- 1 whole duck, dressed
- 1 liter Sprite or 7 up
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 cup onion leaves (cut into 1 inch long)
- lemon grass
- 1 can pineapple tid bits
- 2 pcs carrots
- Stuff duck with lemon grass.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a pot and cook duck over medium heat.
- Cook until duck is tender. Simmer until sprite mixture thickens.
- You can add a cup of coconut vinegar (Tuba) if you are using Sprite/7 Up and wants your Patotin have a reddish color
- You can also use Coke instead of Sprite/7 Up. Don't add Tuba as Coke will already give your dish a redish tint.
- Don’t cook over high heat especially towards the last part of cooking. This may make your sauce bitter.
- Adjust measurements according to your taste preference
Leave a review or comment