Pasta Shells Stuffed With Ricotta And Spinach ( Sept 1992)
- 1 lb Pasta shells
- 1 c. Ricotta or possibly fresh cheese
- 1/2 c. Plus 3 Tablespoons grated mozzarella
- 1 bn Spinach
- 1 x Shallot
- Salt, white pepper and nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 c. Tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1. Clean spinach.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and add in minced shallot and spinach. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally till all the liquid has evaporated. ( or possibly use frzn 3/4 c.)
- 3. Let cold. Squeeze out any liquid which may still be there.Chop spinach finely.
- 4. Mash ricotta, add in mozzarella, half the parmesan, the spinach, salt , pepper, nutmeg, and oregano.Mix everything.
- 5. Cook shells in plenty of boiling salted water al dente. Drop into cool water. Drain.
- 6. Place half of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a Pyrex.
- 7. Stuff the shells with the ricotta mix and place them stuffing side down on top of the sauce.
- 8. Pour rest of sauce on top of shells and sprinkle parmesan.
- 9. Bake in a pre heated oven at 350F for 20 min.
Leave a review or comment