Pasta PuttanescaPrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by AmateurKitchen2 recipes>
Pasta Puttanesca is an Italian dish that is packed with flavors of tangy, spicy and saltiness. This recipe is debuting arugula - a spicy leafy green that is at its peak flavor during the spring months.
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup arugula, chopped
- 2 tbsp reserved pasta water
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- [Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add in the pasta and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking preheat a large skillet on a medium heat. Add olive oil into the skillet along with the garlic and lightly brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes then add in the diced tomatoes, cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in arugula and allow for the leafy green to wilt, about 1 more minute.
- Once the sauce is complete add in the drained cooked pasta and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine all ingredients and serve in a family style bowl then finish by topping with freshly grated parmesan.
Leave a review or comment