Panera / Saint Louis Bread Co's Grilled Gruyere On Asiago Br
- 8 slc Asiago Cheese Bread from Panera Bread sliced 1" thick
- 1 ounce dry white wine
- Dijon-style mustard
- 4 ounce Gruyere cheese sliced
- 2 x Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 sm onion thinly sliced
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Toast the sliced Asiago Cheese Bread in a toaster, on the grill, or possibly under the broiler.
- For each sandwich, moisten the bottom piece of toasted bread with wine using a pastry brush or possibly your fingertips. Next, spread mustard on bottom piece of bread, then add in one fourth of the cheese, tomato, and onion. Grind a generous amount of pepper over the sandwich and top with another slice of toasted bread.
- Return the sandwich to the grill or possibly broiler till the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.
- Comments: Swiss Gruyere is a cow's lowfat milk cheese named for the valley of the same name in the canton of Fribourg. We've created the perfect gourmet grilled cheese sandwich by pairing the sweet, nutty flavor of Gruyere with the robust tang of our Asiago Cheese Bread.
Leave a review or comment