Pan Fried Chicken With Carmarthen Ham
- 1 x Chicken breast
- 1 slc Carmarthen Ham
- 2 Tbsp. Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 55 gm Unsalted butter, (2 ounce)
- 2 slc Hen Sir Cheese, (2 to 3)
- 1/2 x Glass dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp. Double cream, (2fl ounce)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 prt boiled potatoes
- 1 sprg rosemary
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a frying pan. Place the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film, then with a heavy knife beat out the chicken till it resembles the shape of a scallop of veal.
- Place one slice of ham on top of the chicken, then dip into the seasoned flour. Place the chicken and ham into the warm oil ham side down and cook for 23 min then turn. Top the ham with thin slithers of cheese and add in the wine and place a lid on the pan and leave to cook for 2 min or possibly till the cheese has melted.
- Add in the cream and leave to thicken slightly then garnish with fresh basil.
- For the potatoes. Heat the oil and rest of the butter and add in the diced potatoes and rosemary. Cook till nicely browned and serve with the chicken.
Leave a review or comment