Palak (Spinach) ChickenPrep: 40 min Servings: 4by Anand Sinha1 recipe>
This is one of my favorite Indian chicken dishes - Served with Rice or Roti (Indian bread).
- 2 lbs chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 lb of fresh Spinach
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 1 tbs crushed garlic
- 2 medium sliced onion
- 2-3 small green chillis
- 2 medium size cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 15 grams garam masala
- 5 tbs spoon cooking oil
- 1 tbs Salt (or as per taste)
- 500-700 ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash and boil spinach and grind them along with green chillis.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and set aside
- Heat the oil in a medium pan.
- Add a bit of asafetida (1/4th teaspoon, Not necessarily needed though - I prefer to add this).
- Add cloves and cinnamon sticks after 1/2 a minute, Add onions and fry for 10-12 minutes on medium heat or until brown.
- Add chicken pieces and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ginger, garlic and garam masala, stir thorougly until chicken pieces are well coated in masala.
- Fry for few minutes until it appears deep brown
- Add spinach paste, cook for few minutes
- Add a little water (for gravy) and then stir thoroughly
- Lower the heat and let it cook for around 15-20 minutes or until water evaporates.
- Add lemon juice, stir well.
- Garnish with coriandar leaves once it gets a little cold and serve.
Leave a review or comment