Original Flax Honey ButterPrep: 5 min Servings: 2by Smokinhotchef377 recipes>
This is an amazing spread packed with vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants that will become a staple in a nutritious diet. The powerful benefits of alpha-linolenic acid and not to mention the health and the cosmetic attributes. Glorious honey- natures 'perfect' food, being anti- inflammatory, antiseptic and an antioxidant, packed with goodness. Perfect for a quick snack and spread for breads including biscuits, toast, bagels and more...A simple little spread with a BIG heart.
- 3 tbsp. flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- scant pinch of kosher salt
- With a mortar and pestle, grind down flax seeds until it resembles a dry paste consistency, about 4 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, transfer flax seeds and add remaining ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula until well blended and season.
- If too soft simply refrigerate for about 5 minutes to re solidify.
- Spread on your favorite medium like toast, bagels, naan, pitas etc..
Leave a review or comment