Orange Spiced TofuPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Dahlia Klein2 recipes>
Tofu is one of those meat alternatives.... made from the soy bean that is so versatile because it absorbs the flavors of anything it's marinated in. The trick with tofu is to buy the right one suitable for the dish you are preparing, press out the water and marinate it. Once you have all those three steps down, you are sure to make a fabulous tofu dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package of firm tofu (sliced into 16 pieces and prepared according to above directions on pressing)
- Non- Stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons of Duck sauce
- 5 tablespoons of orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, ginger powder & paprika, combined for seasoning mixture
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 In a separate bowl , mix duck sauce with orange juice and seasonings.
- 2 Place tofu in a medium size rectangular dish. Pour marinade over tofu and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 3 In a large frying pan over medium high flame, spray non-stick cooking spray.
- 4 Remove tofu with a flat slotted spoon from marinade and sear tofu slices for 4 minutes on each side. There should be slight browning.
- 5 In a separate small pot under a medium flame, bring reserved marinade to boil. Once boiling pour remaining marinade over the tofu slices and serve with sprinkled toasted sesame seeds.
Leave a review or comment