Apple Orange Spice MuffinsPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by RecipesnFood121 recipes>
Apple Orange Spice Muffins
- ¾ cup flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 dash Salt, nutmeg, & cloves
- ⅓ cup Instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tbs Plus 2 tsp. margarine
- 1 tbs Plus 1 tsp. Firmly packed
- 1 tbs Brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 small pared, grated applies
- 2 tbs Raisins
- 1 tbs Plus 1 tsp. frz. concern
- 1 Grated orange peel
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; stir in milk powder and set aside.
- In mixing bowl cream margarine with sugar; add egg yolk and, using electric mixer on medium speed, beat until thick and creamy.
- Add apples, raisins, juice, and orange peel and stir to combine; add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- In separate bowl, using clean beaters and mixer on high speed, beat egg white with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry; fold into batter.
- Spray eight 2½ inch diameter nonstick muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray; spoon ⅛ of batter into each sprayed cup (each will be about ⅔ full) and partially fill remaining cups with water (this will prevent pan from burning and/or warping).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (until cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean).
- Remove pan from oven and carefully drain off water (remember, it will be boiling hot); remove muffins to wire rack and let cool. Makes 4 servings of 2 MUFFINS EACH!
Leave a review or comment