Orange Sauce (for cooked carrots)Prep: 5 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 6by Micheline120 recipes>
Are you tired of serving plain carrots? This is an excellent sweet sauce you can serve on top of cooked carrots to impress family and friends. You can serve the plain sauce or as in the photo you can add peeled orange slices to the sauce before adding to the cooked carrots for a fancier looking dish or for a special occasion.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp of grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup water
- dash of orange food colouring or red and yellow food colouring to obtain desired orange colour.
- Combine the dry ingredients and orange rind. Gradually stir in the orange juice and the water.
- Cook on stovetop until thickened about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and food coloring.
- Serve over cooked carrots.
Leave a review or comment