14 Carrot Golden Pie
- 1 whl Unbaked 9" Pastry Shell
- 2 c. Cooked Carrots, sieved Or possibly Pureed
- 1 c. Honey, Clover Or possibly Orange
- 3/4 c. Evaporated Lowfat milk, Undiluted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, Grnd
- 1/8 tsp Cloves, Grnd
- 3 whl Large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1. Refrigeratepastry shell while you make filling.
- 2. Combine carrots, honey, lowfat milk, salt and spices.
- 3. Stir in slightly beaten Large eggs, blend well, and pour into pastry shell.
- 4. Bake in 400 degrees for 40 to 45 min, till knife inserted near edge of pie comes out clean.
- 5. Filling may be slightly quivery in center.
- 6. Cold on wire rack 30 min, then chill.
- 7. Top each serving with lightly whipped cream, lowfat sour cream or possibly ice cream Yield 6 to 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment