Onion Fritters (Kanda Bhajji)Prep: 2 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 4by Padma Priya Manikam62 recipes>
This is a light snack that can be an appetizer and eaten during tea-break especially during a rainy day!
- 1 big onion - sliced
- 1 green chilli (optional) - chopped
- 5-6 sprigs of coriander leaves (optional) - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan flour)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Water to mix the flour
- Oil for frying
- Mix the onions, chilies and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl take the chickpea flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Add water into this to make a semi-liquid paste.Then add the onions,green chillies and corander leaves into this mixture.
- Take a wok or frying pan and heat oil.
- Either use hand or a spoon and drop little "nuggets" of the flour mixture and fry till light golden colour and crispy.
- Serve it as it is or with a sweet chili sauce or sweet tamarind chutney.
- (Note: this flour mixture can be used to fry any kind of vegetables such as brinjals,cauliflower,potatoes etc..)
Leave a review or comment