Onion BahjisPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Nina Timm13 recipes>
Who can say no to this delightfully easy and delicious Indian Snack!
- 1 cup Chick-Pea Flour or Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Large Onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 25g / 1oz finely chopped Fresh Coriander
- Cold water to mix
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour, chili, turmeric, cumin, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the water and mix well. Now add the chopped coriander and onions and mix well until all onion rings are coated with batter.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 180ÂºC / 350ÂºF. Very carefully drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until the bhajis are golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and serve while still piping hot.
- Serve with Onion bhajis with plain yogurt mixed with chopped mint and a few drops of chili oil!
Leave a review or comment