OLIVES,FETA,CHICKEN YUM CASSEROLEPrep: 30 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 4by Renu Guru167 recipes>
Want to try an out of the ordinary recipe? Go for this one!A meal-in-one casserole with all goodies baked into one dish. May be made ahead and frozen.It's a great comfort food for chilly winter evenings.Not only is this recipe very easy to make it is also a fun recipe to play around with it.It is great for potlucks, church gatherings, holidays, or outside gatherings. It is also a non-hassle recipe for you working folks, single folks, or even for kids to make! You can even make it ahead of time by preparing the casserole and then freezing it - for up to 3 months!.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Pitted Black Olives - 21 nos
- 6-8 herry tomatoes
- Chicken drumsticks - 8-10 nos
- 1/2 cup feta crumbs
- Garlic cloves crushed - 8-10 nos
- Red or white wine(optional) - 1/2 cup
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- Baby potatoes - 8-10 nos
- Baby onions - 8-10 nos
- Salt - to taste
- Paprika powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh parsley - handful
- Wash, clean & pat dry chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare a marinade of olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, paprika powder & wine in a baking casserole or dish.
- Rub it over the prepared chicken and leave it in the refrigerator for couple of hours.
- Mix in rest of the ingredients (except parsley,cherry tomatoes and feta crumbs). Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200 ̊ c for 45 minutes, covered.Then add the cherry tomatoes & feta crumbs and bake for 30 minutes uncovered, making sure chicken & potatoes are cooked well.
- Serve hot in deep dinner plates with crusty bread or on the bed of steamed rice, garnished with sprigs of fresh parsley.
Leave a review or comment