Oatmeal Chocolate Chip MuffinsPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 12by Erin S1195 recipes>
A healthy oatmeal chocolate chip muffin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or spray with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup oats, and 1/2 cup of milk. Let soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg and brown sugar until smooth. Add applesauce and vanilla, mixing well. Mix in flour, soaked oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Best served warm.
- Store in an airtight container. Can easily be frozen.
Leave a review or comment