New York cheesecake
This is a classic american dessert, serve it on any occasion or just for a midnight treat. ENJOY
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 1/4 usalted butter, melted
- 2 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 T all purpose flour
- dash salt
- 2 vannila beans
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degreese.
- To make crust, lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a bowl mix sugar, cookie crumbs, and butter. stir until well blended and the crumbs are moistened. transfer mixture to pan and press evenly around up to 1 1/2 inches up the sides. Bake for ten minutes. Take baked crust and put on a rack to cool. Reduce oven temp to 300.
- For filling combine cream cheese, salt, and flour in a large bowl.
- Using a parring knife, split vannila beans in half lengthwise, use the tip of the knife to scrape out the seeds into a bowl. Using an electric mixer on med-high, beat until smooth and fluffy, stopping to scrape sides frequently.
- Add sugar and sour cream to cream cheese mixture and beat until blended. Add eggs one at a time, then pour mix into prepared crust.
- Bake until center jiggles when pan is nudged, about 60-65 mins.
- transfer cake to a wire rack cool, then cover and refrigerate until chilled, preferably over night.
- Take chilled cake out if refrigerator and unclasp pan so bottom comes out, carefully lift sides away. To serve, cut cheese cake with a thin bladed knife.
- And most importantly, ENJOY!!
Leave a review or comment