Mom's SangriaPrep: 15 min Servings: 8by Micheline120 recipes>
Sangria always reminds me of Spain, a place where you can drink Sangria just about everywhere. A fruity, refreshing drink in the summer or any time.
- 1 bottle (26 oz) of red wine (cheaper wine is fine)
- 2 oz cognac or brandy
- 2 oz Cointreau or triple sec
- 10-15 oz orange juice to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup grenadine (or white sugar)
- 1/2 cup each of 3 or 4 fruits of your choice either diced or sliced (you can choose between oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, mangos, pineapples, bananas, apples, kiwis, peaches or cherries)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large glass pitcher and refrigerate a few hours before serving to allow the flavours to blend. Serve with a bit of fruits in each glass. Place a lemon wedge on the side of each glass.
- NOTE: You may add 1 to 2 cups of chilled club soda or fruit juice to the pitcher before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment