Mom's Berry Easy Coffee CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 1by Crunchy Creamy Sweet2 recipes>
It's so easy to make that you can pull this off when surprised by unexpected guests or simply when you want to enjoy something sweet on a lazy afternoon. We are talking easy - peasy, delicious and satisfying! This recipe uses cranberries but feel free to choose any fruit you have on hand.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 c milk
- 1 egg
- 2 c fruit ( I used frozen cranberries )
- for the streusel topping:
- 1/2 stick ( 4 Tbsp ) butter
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp flour
- No mixer required. Juts a medium mixing bowl and a wooden spatula.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Add all of the ingredients ( one by one ) into the bowl and stir.
- The batter should be smooth and thick.
- Place the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spread the fruit on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the streusel until it resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit and batter.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.
Leave a review or comment