Molten Chocolate Lava Cake(Petite Gateau)
- 1/2 c. Butter, unsalted
- 4 ounce Bittersweet chocolate
- 2 x Egg
- 2 x Egg yolk
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Flour, all-purpose
- Butter and flour custard c. or possibly specialty molds. I use a heart for Valentines Day and Xmas ones for the Holiday's. These will usually hold a couple ounces and this recipe will make about 4-5 of them.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Heat the butter and chocolate, but don't let it boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat together the 2 Large eggs plus 2 yolks and the sugar, till it's light and thick. I used a wire wisk for about 5 min.
- Pour the now tepid chocolate mix into the egg mix, and beat to mix.
- Quickly beat in the flour till just mixed in.
- Pour into the custard c.. (At this point you can chill for up to 24 hrs. If you chill, let return to room temp before you bake.)
- Put custard c. on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 6-7 min. The outside will be set up, but the top may still be slightly wiggly (technical French cooking term).
- Invert on plate, let sit for 10 seconds or possibly so, remove custard c..
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and surround with a fruit sauce of youre choice.
Leave a review or comment