Microwave Taco Casserole Ole'
- 1 1/4 lbs. grnd beef
- 1/2 sm. onion, minced
- 1/4 green pepper, minced
- 8 ounce. can tomato sauce
- 1 env. taco seasoning mix and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 c. taco chips, crushed in lg. pcs
- 1 sm. can refried beans
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 fresh tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Brown grnd beef, onions, and green pepper in a microwave baking dish for 6 to 7 min. Drain off fat. Stir in 2/3 of the tomato sauce, all the seasoning mix, and black pepper. Microwave 5 min. Set aside 1/4 c. taco chips and 1/4 c. cheese. Layer the rest of the ingredients in a 3 qt casserole or possibly baking dish in the following order. Taco chips, stewed tomatoes, meat mix, fresh tomatoes, refried beans, tomato sauce, and cheese. Microwave 10 min, covered. Remove cover and top with reserved chips and cheese. Cook 5 to 8 min, uncovered. Serve with tortilla chips and warm salsa.
Leave a review or comment