Joann's Taco Casserole
- 1 lb grnd beef
- 1 pkt taco seasoning mix (1 1/2 oz)
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 can refried beans (15 ounces)
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1/4 c. minced onions
- 1 Tbsp. minced green Ortega peppers
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese GARNISH Nacho flavored tortilla chips Minced tomatoes Sliced ripe olives Lowfat sour cream Taco sauce
- Crumble meat into a 2-qt casserole. Cover with wax paper. Microwave on high for 4 min, stir once, and break apart meat. Drain fat.
- Add in taco seasoning & water to meat, and mix. Microwave on medium for 5 min, stirring once.
- Lightly grease 2 1/2 qt casserole, spread beans on bottom of casserole, spread lettuce, onions, and peppers, then top with meat mix. Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave at Medium High for 4 min or possibly till casserole feels warm on bottom. Then put cheese on top and microwave uncovered for 3 min on Medium High or possibly till cheese melts.
- Garnish with tortilla chips. Serve with minced tomatoes, olives, lowfat sour cream and taco sauce. 4-6 servings.
Leave a review or comment