Mexican Style Beef Stew (Crockpot)
This is a nice spicy change from your everyday beef stew. You can spice it up more if you like. My son loves to eat it with tortilla chips and some cornbread. You can garnish it w a dollop of sour cream on top and/or shredded cheddar cheese and fresh chopped cilantro.
- 2-3 lbs Beef Stew Meat
- 1 28oz can of chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 envelope (1.4oz packet) taco seasoning mix
- 1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 11oz can of whole kernel corn w/red and green peppers drained
- optional for serving: sour cream, shredded cheddar, chopped cilantro, tortilla chips
- Season beef with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Mix beef, tomatoes, onions, chili powder,cumin and green chilies if using them in the crock pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hrs or till beef is tender
- Then uncover whisk in taco mix, then stir in beans and corn.
- Recover and cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes till thickened a bit
- If it's not thick enough for you make a cornstarch and water slurry stir in and continue cooking on high til thicker.
Leave a review or comment