Mexican RicePrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Sergio Hernandez12 recipes>
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in bay leaf, tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and remove bay leaf when done.
Leave a review or comment