Mexican Rice PilafPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by myra byanka510 recipes>
Generally, Mexican cooks make this rice with fresh tomatoes, but ever the corner-cutter, I use petite diced, drained.
- 2 tbs. corn or olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 14.5 oz. petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- pinch cumin powder
- 1 tbs. chopped cilantro
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil, add the rice (medium heat).
- Cook until the rice is translucent - 3-4 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn on low.
- Cook exactly 20 minutes, remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Will freeze.
Leave a review or comment