Marinated three beans saladPrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by Shawnna and Davide Busetti75 recipes>
This three bean salad is my mom's recipe, and I suspect it has been around a while, because my copy was typed on a typewriter. Three bean salad is a classic American side dish for a reason. It's delicious, it is simple to make, and it is especially ideal for picnics and outdoor gatherings since it doesn't demand refrigeration. There are many variations of three bean salad, but most all are composed of various types of beans, and a sweet vinaigrette. It is best when made at least a day ahead of time so that the beans can marinate overnight and gain more flavor. It's great at picnics, and as an accompaniment to grilled meat.
- 1 aprox. 14 oz. can cut green beans
- 1 aprox. 14 oz. can yellow wax beans
- 1 aprox. 14 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup minced green pepper
- 1 diced onion
- For the vinaigrette combine the following:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a large bowl, preferably one with a lid drain and combine all of the beans. Add the diced onion and the minced green pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the bean mixture, and refrigerate it overnight. Stir the three bean salad mixture occasionally to continually blend the marinade over the beans. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. It is tasty chilled or at room temperature. Simple and enjoyable!!!
Leave a review or comment