Marinated Prime Rib RoastPrep: 20 min Cook: 120 min Servings: 8by Connie Mcmillan8 recipes>
Originally this is my husband`s prime rib recipe, since holiday is fast approaching I did a major twist to this recipe to make it more festive.I added pineapplebits for tropical touch, ground cloves for the aroma and brown sugar for the hint of sweetness. This flavorful roast is suitable for any special occasion and the marinade in this recipe tenderizes the roast.
- 1(8 pound) prime rib roast
- 3\4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1\4 cup all purpose flour
- 1\4 cup soy sauce
- 2\3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1\4 cup olive oil
- 11\2 cup beef broth
- 1(10 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, with juice
- 1 Tablespoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1\2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- In a big bowl mix together the soy sauce,worcestershire sauce,minced garlic,liquid smoke, olive oil, beef broth, pineapple tidbits with juice,mustard powder, ground cloves, coriander powder onion powder,bay leaves, black pepper, brown sugar,thyme and rosemary.
- Prick holes all over the roast with a two pronged fork, rub rib roast with salt and flour thoroughly.
- In a roasting pan put prime rib and pour marinade over roast. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hrs, basting at least twice. Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Insert a roasting thermometer into the middle of the roast, make sure the thermometer does not touch any bone.
- Cover roasting pan with aluminum foil, and seal edges tightly around pan.
- Cook roast for 1 hr in the preheated oven. After the first hour, remove the aluminum foil. Baste prime rib, reduce heat to 325F and continue roasting for 1 more hr. The thermometer reading should be at least 140F for medium rare, and 170F for well done.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and let rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- Use the sauce from the drippings.
Leave a review or comment