Roast Prime Rib Of Beef With Mustard Horseradish Sauce And Yorkshire Pudding
- 10 lb Prime rib roast (4-bone)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. crushed black pepper
- 1/2 c. course salt (sea salt or possibly Kosher)
- 1/2 c. fresh minced rosemary
- 1 c. whole lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 ounce (1/3 c.) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chives, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 . Mix above ingredients and coat top of prime rib proportionately (under fat cap). Place beef roast (fat side up) on a rack in an open roasting roasting pan to catch juices. Roast in oven till meat thermometer reads five degrees below desired doneness; (135 for rare, 140 for medium rare, 155 for medium). Allow roast to stand for 15 to 20 min before slicing. During standing time, the temperature will continue to rise and reach the desired doneness. Slice to desired thickness and serve with au jus, mustard horseradish sauce and Yorkshire Pudding.
- Yorkshire Pudding with Cheddar Cheese & Chives: Grease muffin tins thoroughly. Blend lowfat milk, oil and Large eggs together till well mixed. Add in flour, salt and chives and blend till there are no lumps. However, don't over-mix. Fill muffin tins three-quarters full of batter. Sprinkle the cheese on top of batter. Place in cool oven and turn on to 450 . Bake for 25 min till popovers are puffed and lightly browned. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 20 min till crisp and hard. Serve as a side dish to prime rib.
Leave a review or comment