Mango Salad With Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing
- 8 lrg ripe mangoes peeled, diced
- 2 c. diced peeled jicama
- 1 c. minced red pepper
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice Lettuce leaves as needed
- 12 slc red onion - (thin) separated into rings
- 2/3 c. Crema Mexicana (Mexican Style whipping cream)
- 3/8 c. frzn orange juice concentrate
- 3/8 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco brand Green Pepper Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, jicama, red pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Toss gently but thoroughly. Cover and chill.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on 12 salad plates. Mound 1/2 c. mango mix in center of each plate. Drizzle 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing over each salad. Garnish with red onion rings.
- For Creamy Orange Jalapeno Dressing: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients till well blended. Cover and chill till ready to serve.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
- Comments: Jicama is also known as Mexican potato - if not available, subsitute with water chestnuts. A mix of half lowfat sour cream and half whipping cream may be substituted for crema Mexicana in this recipe.
Leave a review or comment