Mango Flank Steak TacosPrep: 1.5 hours Cook: 7 min Servings: 4by Beth Griffin6 recipes>
A great summer grill recipe with a fresh fruit salsa
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Soy sauce
- 1-2 T fresh grated ginger
- garlic powder
- crushed red pepper
- Chop the mango into little cubes, toss them in a medium sized bowl.
- Place the flank steak in a freezer bag and throw the mango core in and a a few of the mango cubes.
- Add soy sauce, a lil less than 1/4 cup, ginger a few dashes of garlic powder, the juice of 1/2 a lime and a pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Seal the bag and massage it all together- let marinate 30min-1hour.
- Dice up the tomato, onion and cilantro and toss with the mango.
- Add a pinch of salt and juice of 1/2 a lime. Toss together, cover & refrigerate the salsa 1 hour or more.
- Heat the grill to medium heat...
- Grill marinated flank steak on medium heat for about 3 minutes each side...longer if you prefer medium to well meat.
- Take the meat off, add tortillas and grill for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add steak to tortilla, top with salsa and additional onion or cilantro if you'd like.
Leave a review or comment