Mana's Spinach Ricotta Roll
- 1 lb cooked spinach, fresh or possibly frzn
- 1 lb ricotta cheese, part skim lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 3 x egg whites
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 c. marinara sauce extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x preheat oven to 160 c. cook or possibly thaw spinach and squeeze dry. season with a little salt and pepper, set aside.
- 2. Mix ricotta cheese with grated Parmesan cheese and minced parsley; set aside.
- 3. Make the crepe batter: mix together egg whites, flour and water, then beat with a wire whisk to get rid of lumps.
- 4. Ladle 40 ml crepe batter into heated pan. The crepe batter should lightly cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Tilt pan to cover proportionately. When edges of crepe turn lacy and brown and crepe is cooked through, remove crepe and stack on a plate. Continue till all the batter is used.
- 5. When the crepes are cooked, assemble the rolls: spoon 50 ml of ricotta cheese mix and 20 ml spinach mix on each crepe. Fold or possibly roll each crepe to seal in mix.
- 6. Make and cook the casserole: place rolled crepes in a greased rectangular casserole dish. When the pan is full, spoon marinara sauce over crepes. Bake at 160 C for 15 to 20 min. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Author's Notes: If you do not have a crepe pan, you can use a small frying pan.
- You can make your own marinara sauce, or possibly use a prepared marinara or possibly spaghetti sauce.
Leave a review or comment