Cristina's Spinach Ravioli
- 2 lb Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pkt Frzn creamed spinach, thawed (10 ounce.)
- 1/2 c. Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly grnd pepper
- 3 pkt Square or possibly round wonton skins, (approximately 56-skins per package) (12 ounce.) Tomato sauce Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- STIR in a large bowl, ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt, and pepper till well combined.
- LINE a baking sheet with waxed paper and spray the paper with cooking spray.
- FILL the ravioli, by placing a wonton skin on work surface lightly sprinkled with cornstarch or possibly flour.
- SPOON a rounded tsp. of filling in the center and brush the edges with water.
- TOP with a second skin and press the edges together with your fingertips.
- PLACE the filled ravioli on the baking sheet.
- REPEAT with the remaining filling and wonton skins to make about 70 ravioli. To stack layers of ravioli, sprinkle cornstarch or possibly flour over each layer and cover with sprayed waxed paper. (To prepare ahead, cover the filled ravioli with plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours. before cooking.)
- COOK the ravioli, by placing into simmering salted water 6 at a time and cook 1 to 2 min. Ravioli will be translucent/soft. Don't overcook.
- REMOVE carefully with a slotted spoon, drain very well, and serve with tomato sauce.
- GARNISH with basil.
- ALLOW 6-7 ravioli per serving.
- Chef Cristina Ferrare Book: "Family Entertaining - Celebrating the Life of the Home" Serves: 5 to 6
Leave a review or comment