Macaroni & Cheese
This recipe is from South Georgia --Enjoy!!!
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. New York sharp cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Butter or margarine
- Cook macaroni as directed on package, drain well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Beat one egg at a time, adding each separately to macaroni, blending well.
- Then add cheese, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Rub bottom and sides of deep-sided casserole dish with butter, and pour in macaroni mixture.
- Dot top of macaroni with small pats of butter or margarine and sprinkle more pepper on top.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour in 350-degree oven.
Leave a review or comment