Three Cheese Macaroni & CheesePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie391 recipes>
An unusual recipe ingredient caught my attention when I saw this on the Internet and after trying it out the recipe went straight to my rotation FAVS. Three cheeses make it irresistible - Cheddar, Parmesan - and (the surprise to me) - cottage cheese. Then a crunchy topping clinches the deal. I tweaked it very little and believe you'll enjoy serving this comfort food at your next family meal.
- 1 8-ounce package elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 8-ounce package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or grease lightly.
- Mix cooked and drained macaroni in large bowl with sour cream and the Cheddar, cottage and Parmesan cheeses. Scrape mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl mix bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown.
Leave a review or comment