Macaroni and slaw saladPrep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 16by Micheline120 recipes>
This recipe comes from my Taste of Home cookbook. It is a delicious, easy to make and my go to salad recipe for potlucks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni dry pasta.
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix (pre-cut cabbage and carrots)
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar (or equivalent stevia or sugar substitute use less to start and adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, red or green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
- Yields 16 servings.
- Note: 3/4 cups equals 150 calories
Leave a review or comment